Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sweet Katy....."KK"...."Katy Kins".....


Cody and I have prayed and prayed for a daughter and low and behold, God has sent us his answer. We have the blessing of a new addition to our family, Cody's niece, Katy. "KK", as we call her came to live with us last Thursday, October 27th. She is a beautiful 15 year old from Lindale, Texas. She is coming from a small to school to our high school of 3,000 kids. Quite an adjustment. This is a picture of her one her first day of school this week. Oh my gosh, I have a teenager in my house! YIKES! We are having fun decorating her room hot pink with zebra print, her choice.
This is a big change for a small town girl! I have been praying and praying and praying that God will surround her with good, Godly Christian influences, His protection and His friends to guide her. We've got her plugged into "The Crew", our church's high school youth ministry and she really seems to love it! The "church thing" is kind of a new atmosphere for her so I pray that she grows to just embrace it. Right now, I know that she thinks I am a Super Freak (imagine the song playing) because I pray all of the time. But, that is ok, I am a proud Jesus Freak! ;)

2 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Welcome to the family KK. So glad you're here.

Kim said...

Wow - a teenager in the house - that will be a big change for you! I'm sure you will do fine - but let me know if you need any help - lol. (Although I'm sure a 15-year old girl is WAY different than a 15-year old boy!)