Oh, my goodness...how awful of a Mommy do I feel! Last night, we all snuggled in to watch a movie with the boys. I had seen this particular Veggie Tales about 2,312 times so of course, I fell asleep and went down stairs to bed before the movie ended. Cody ended up carrying the boys to bed.
Now, fast forward to this morning....Cody is at church teaching his montly men's bible study and I am snuggled up in bed asleep at 7:00am. Hudson comes and crawls in his bed, carrying his little zip lock baggie with his tooth in it and says, "Mommy, the tooth fairy didn't come last night." Picture the look of disappointment on his face. Oh my gosh, I could have just punched myself right then and there. I LIVE FOR STUFF LIKE THIS WITH THE KIDS, how in the heck could I have fallen asleep and not remembered the tooth fairy!!! I was feeling like the worlds crummiest Mom at this moment.
So, I spend the next 30 minutes trying to convince Hudson to go back to sleep and snuggle with Mommy (praying he would so I could slip upstairs and slip some cashola under his pillow). Well, he wanted no part of that! He just continued to talk and talk and talk about the Tooth Fairy. So, then I started scheming and said, well, you probably just rolled around in bed and it moved in your bed, I am sure it is in your bed somewhere, we will go look for it when we get up. At that moment, a friend calls at 7:30am to tell me she doesn't need me to babysit for her this morning. (Thank goodness for this phone call. I was able to leave Hud in bed to get the phone call, swing by my purse and get $2.00 out while talking and hide it in my pajamas) and then I hung up and got back in bed with Hud. Hudson immediately said, "Mommy, I really want to go look for my money. I said, " THAT is a fabulous idea, son! LET'S GO!" (picture me whipping the sweat off of my forehead).
Now, fast forward to this morning....Cody is at church teaching his montly men's bible study and I am snuggled up in bed asleep at 7:00am. Hudson comes and crawls in his bed, carrying his little zip lock baggie with his tooth in it and says, "Mommy, the tooth fairy didn't come last night." Picture the look of disappointment on his face. Oh my gosh, I could have just punched myself right then and there. I LIVE FOR STUFF LIKE THIS WITH THE KIDS, how in the heck could I have fallen asleep and not remembered the tooth fairy!!! I was feeling like the worlds crummiest Mom at this moment.
So, I spend the next 30 minutes trying to convince Hudson to go back to sleep and snuggle with Mommy (praying he would so I could slip upstairs and slip some cashola under his pillow). Well, he wanted no part of that! He just continued to talk and talk and talk about the Tooth Fairy. So, then I started scheming and said, well, you probably just rolled around in bed and it moved in your bed, I am sure it is in your bed somewhere, we will go look for it when we get up. At that moment, a friend calls at 7:30am to tell me she doesn't need me to babysit for her this morning. (Thank goodness for this phone call. I was able to leave Hud in bed to get the phone call, swing by my purse and get $2.00 out while talking and hide it in my pajamas) and then I hung up and got back in bed with Hud. Hudson immediately said, "Mommy, I really want to go look for my money. I said, " THAT is a fabulous idea, son! LET'S GO!" (picture me whipping the sweat off of my forehead).
So, we run upstairs, I was able to pull the money into the palm of my hand. He stops off to use the bathroom, I throw it under his covers and then sit on Shep's bed to wait. He comes out of the restroom, pulls back the covers and screams, "THERE IT IS!! I KNEW THE TOOTH FAIRY CAME!! I must have just moved it around in my sleep!".
OH MY GOODNESS, I will never make this mistake again. I feel so guilty. If there was a $100 bill in my wallet, I would have left that. So, $2.00 would have to do. But, the guilt is killing me, I think I foresee a Toys R Us trip today ! :)
1 comment:
Ok, now THAT is funny! Remember from now on the tooth fairy works 24/7, no lunch breaks either. Someone needs their wings dusted off. Hee hee....
Post a Comment