Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Questions from the backseat of the car....

I picked up Hudson from school today and the first thing that comes out of his mouth is...."Mom, how old do you have to be to have a girlfriend?". (Picture me smiling). "Why do you ask, Hudson? Do you have a crush on a little girl?" Hudson shruggs his shoulders, "I don't know........, maybe........, well, yeah........ but don't tell anyone." I asked what her name is and he said, "Gabby, she sits at my table and we play at the playground together". "Oh, really?", I say. "What does she look like?" Hud says, "She has white hair, blue eyes, I think she had a red shirt on today and oh, she has a cute little red bow on the top of her head." ( I love that he noticed the little details!). I asked him, "So, Hudson, what would happen if you asked her to be your girlfriend?". He said, "Well, we would run and play together and mostly play Power Rangers together". (That would be an awesome first date, son!)

So, naturally, we had to come home and look at the class pictures so I could see what Gabby looks like....she is at the back of the table, 2 girls behind Hud....you have to hand it to him, he has good taste!

3 comments:

Kim said...

That is too cute! Just wait - your fun is just beginning! It sounds like he will be a ladies man - LOL!!!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Why is it always the blonde's the guys go for. Cracks me up that he noticed her cute little red bow. And, I do think the Power Ranger date would be a fun first date. Beats being farted on at Blockbuster, eh?

ღ Mrs ღ H20 ღ said...

Enjoy it now because when they hit puberty it's down hill from there (giggling madly because mine is 18 and it's miles from the bottom of the hill)