Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter!





Our Easter was action packed but not so great since Daddy was out of town working in Colorado. We miss Daddy so much but tried to make the most of Easter without him..... We started by volunteering at the Easter Eggstravaganza at church on Saturday. I walked around with the boys and we helped with the Scavenger Hunt. Children between 3rd and 6th grade would "come find me" and I would ask them a bible question, if they got it right, they got 3 candy filled Easter eggs. Kay-Kay helped out with the pancake breakfast and did an awesome job. They boys got their faces painted...Shep got a snake on his arm and a skeleton on his face. Hudson had his face and hands painted as a lizard. They had fun rock wall climbing, bounce houses and Easter egg hunts to boot. And, I was so busy that I completely forgot to bring my camera to capture it all.....I can so kick myself! That evening, we came home and made our annual Easter Ressurection cookies with Brad....that was fun!

The boys woke up on Easter morning and got a big surprise from the Easter Bunny....Spiderman buckets of games and candy. Brad and Christine spent the night and went to church with us. JJ even joined us too! We came back and had a laid back lunch and had fun listening to Brad play the guitar. We ended the afternoon with a game of football and soccer in the field behind our house. The boys fell asleep on their big stuffed ducks from JJ. It was an almost perfect day....if only Daddy were home; THEN it would be perfect!

No comments: